The long anticipated YouNow iPhone App is available for FREE in the iTunes App Store.
This means you can now broadcast LIVE from your iPhone, unlocking countless possibilities for you unique and interesting broadcasts!
This first version of the app only works for Wi-Fi, and allows you to broadcast. We are working on a version that supports 3G broadcasts as well as viewing and chatting.
Let’s take you on a quick walk-through of the app:
- Once you open the app, you are immediately prompted to select a channel to broadcast in. The app shows you how many viewers are in each channel and how many are in the queue. Click “GO” to enter a channel.
- Once you have logged in via Facebook, you will be entered immediately into the queue, where you can see who is waiting ahead of you and directly behind you. The app shows very clearly your queue position, also giving you the opportunity to back out of the queue by clicking the X on your thumbnail.
- Once you are about to go live, we give you a 10 second countdown, to give you ample time to prepare to be live.
- You are now live… OMG! If you wish to switch from front-facing camera to rear-facing, you have the option. You can also end your broadcast by clicking the red square.
- You’ve completed your first broadcast from your iPhone! Look at you. Hot stuff.
- This app is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation) and iPad Wi-Fi + 4G.Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
Have comments or suggestions about the app? Add them in the comments below.